The conference system is an organic whole composed of MCU (video server), conference terminals and network equipment. Every normal convening of a video conference requires good routine maintenance to provide necessary guarantee. Problems with any one device in the system may lead to the failure of the entire conference. Therefore, the maintenance of the video conference system should consider the working conditions of each device in the entire system.
Among them, the terminal equipment is a unique part of the video conference system, and the terminal technology is a crucial technology in the video conference system. It sits between the user's audiovisual, data input/output devices and the network. It undertakes multiple tasks such as input, output and processing of various media, as well as connection, interaction and control between users and networks. Including data equipment (codec) and cameras, monitors, microphones, speakers.
According to this definition, 3 points must be present when maintaining and handling a conference system:
①Basic communication principles and network knowledge;
②The video conference principle and framework agreement of the conference system, as well as the knowledge structure of audio and video;
③ Perfect various systems and systems.
At the same time, be familiar with the terminal's video characteristics (algorithm support, conference standards, formats, active resolution, video input and output, etc.), audio characteristics (integrated digital echo cancellation, audio input and output, line input, etc.), control and data interfaces and electrical characteristics and so on.
Basic knowledge about maintenance is the minimum requirement and the easiest to ignore.
(1) Open the protective cover of the camera lens before using the terminal, and it is strictly forbidden to touch the lens. After use, cover the lens protective cover in time;
(2) After the conference system exits, first turn off the power of the terminal, then cut off the external power supply, and store the components as required;
(3) Avoid frequent plugging and unplugging of input and output connectors;
(4) Switch the machine on and off in the correct order: first, turn on the main power switch of the conference equipment; turn on the power of peripheral equipment such as TV and power amplifier to confirm that they are working properly; if it is equipped with sequential power supply, it should be connected in accordance with the standard equipment boot sequence, otherwise it is most likely to cause accidents; turn on the terminal power switch; the shutdown sequence is the reverse of the startup sequence.
(1) Routine maintenance
Do a good job of cleaning regularly to prevent dust accumulation. Power on and check once a week to confirm that the image and sound are normal. Check each terminal once a month for poor contact. Check once a month whether the wires are in good condition. After the equipment is moved, it is necessary to confirm whether all wiring connections are correct and whether all contacts are in good condition. Power on the equipment and communicate with the remote terminal to verify the audio and video effects.
(2) Test maintenance
If the device is in the non-conference state for a long time (more than one quarter), it is recommended to perform a loopback test on the basis of the weekly power-on check, and conduct joint debugging with the MCU in the first 3 days of the conference, and let the The equipment works continuously for more than 3 hours; if the device is frequently used, it is recommended to perform a self-loop test or point-to-point test 1 day before the meeting, and network with the MCU 2 hours before the meeting for joint debugging and testing.
(3) During the inspection, please confirm the image and sound effects, and if necessary, test the chairman control, remote and dual video stream functions.